Why Choose Us?
Since joining the Trust, St James is the most improved school in the Borough for grades achieved at GCSE and for passing Maths and English at Grade 5 or above. In fact, the proportion of learners achieving Grade 5 or higher in both English and Mathematics has doubled!
Our academy achieved above the national average for the progress made by learners and above the average for Dudley.
An increasing number of departments have achieved 100% GCSE pass rates.
As part of Dudley Academies Trust, we benefit from:
- Support from a team of Outstanding Practitioners – teachers who are experts in their subjects who work with our teachers and your children
- Help with recruiting exceptional teaching staff
- Shared best practice in the classroom
- Shared resources
- Shared learner support
- An excellent Careers programme
- Investment in our buildings, IT and facilities
- The latest available learning technologies
- A tried and tested model of how to improve behaviour and motivate learners
- The resources and expertise of Dudley College of Technology
In addition, St James Academy offers:
- A friendly school with a positive feeling in the class rooms and the corridors
- A relatively small school community with a caring ethos
- A broad range of extra-curricular clubs, teams, activities and trips
- A central location in easy reach of Dudley bus station, but away from the noise and bustle
- Large playing fields and good facilities for sport and drama
- The determination that your child will progress with us and leave with a bright future ahead.